Monday, November 16, 2009

about NERD Fest. Berlin

Hello and welcome to the NERD Fest. Berlin Blog!

This is the first blog entry so allow me to introduce myself briefly:

Hi, I’m Alia and I am the initiator, organizer, „mastermind“ (muhahahahaa) – whatever you wanna call it – of NERD Fest. Berlin.

The idea for an event thatfocuses on Nerds and all aspects of (pop) culture, especially music, film, blogging & internet, art and design had been on my mind for quite some time - Since early 2007 to be exact. NERD Fest. Berlin is an homage to all „real“ Nerds, to all experts in their fields of interest who might be a little different from the rest.

NERD Fest. Berlin is not an event or a party to make fun of Nerds, it also isn’t a convention-type of gathering where only real Nerds come together. Rather, my intention, my vision, is to bring together Nerds, Hipsters (or, like journalist and author Benjamin Nugent writes in his book American Nerd. The story of my people: „fake Nerds“) Nerd lovers and all people who are curious and want to find out what this is all about.

The first issue of NERD Fest. Berlin has participants, DJ’s, and speakers mainly from Berlin, Germany. There is going to be a focus on music and Nerds. I hope that in the future the Fest. will establish itself and grow. We’ll see.

I am looking forward to all of you!

Come, come out and let’s celebrate the Realness of the Nerd!

Alia



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

My photo
Geek, Freak, NERD! Nerds rule! Nerds are cool. Nerd Fest. Berlin is a homage to the Real Nerd and a fest for all „fake“ Nerds and Nerd Lovers. It took place for the first time on December 12, 2009 in Berlin, Germany. It was an interdisciplinary evening with a film screening, a Nerd Discussion and of course a wild party. Hopefully Nerd Fest. Berlin is going to establish itself and will grow each year. One whole evening and night we will celebrate the „realness“ of the Nerd. Come join us!